Configuring to send email during processing
You can configure Ricoh ProcessDirector to send email as a step in a workflow, or send email notifications when input device, printer or job events occur.
You must have an email server installed and configured to let Ricoh ProcessDirector send email with it.
- Collect this information about your SMTP server:
- Network IP address or fully-qualified host name
- TCP port number (the standard port for SMTP is 25)
- Type of security (SSL, TLS, or none) and the TCP port that the secure connection uses
- Ricoh ProcessDirector supports SSL and TLS connections without certificate authentication.
- If the SMTP server requires a user ID and password, create them on your SMTP server so Ricoh ProcessDirector can log in to the SMTP server to send email.
- Use the information from the previous steps to configure the Ricoh ProcessDirector system properties for the SMTP server.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- On the Email/SMTP section, define the values for all SMTP and Email properties that Ricoh ProcessDirector uses to communicate with the SMTP server.
- You can also use the Alternate SMTP properties to communicate with the SMTP server if the SMTP server type property is set to Alternate for the SendEmail or EmailDocuments step template. You cannot use the Alternate SMTP properties for email notifications.