Scheduling automatic maintenance
While these scripts are running, they might slow Ricoh ProcessDirector down for a few minutes. Therefore, you should avoid running them at peak production times.
These entries in the
crontab file run the maintenance scripts:
00 00 * * 0-6 /aiw/aiw1/maintenance/maintenance.pl daily 00 00 * * 0 /aiw/aiw1/maintenance/maintenance.pl weekly
crontab entries are in this format:
mm hh dd month weekday commandThe first entry runs all scripts in the
/aiw/aiw1/maintenance/dailydirectory at 00:00 (midnight) every day from Sunday (0) through Saturday (6). The second entry runs all scripts in the
/aiw/aiw1/maintenance/weeklydirectory at 00:00 (midnight) every Sunday. (By default, there are no scripts in
- To run the maintenance scripts weekly instead of daily, move them to the
- To change the time, day, or frequency for running maintenance scripts, edit the
- Log in to the primary computer as the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user (aiw1 is the default).
- Enter this command:
- crontab -e
- Make any necessary changes.For example, this entry runs all scripts in the
/aiw/aiw1/maintenance/dailydirectory at 10:30 PM every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
30 22 * * 1,3,5 /aiw/aiw1/maintenance/maintenance.pl daily
- To run your own scripts at the same time as the Ricoh ProcessDirector maintenance scripts, copy them into the
/aiw/aiw1/maintenance/weeklydirectory.Make sure that the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user ID has execute permission for your scripts.