Installing application servers on Windows computers
After you have completed the prerequisite steps, you can install an application server on a Windows system in your network.
- The application server code level must match the base product code level on the primary computer.
- After you verify all the prerequisites, click Cancel to change a previous entry and begin the installation process again. Clicking the Previous button sometimes causes problems.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Insert the Ricoh ProcessDirector base product DVD in the drive.
- Use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the DVD and find
setupIPPDs.exeto start the installer.
- In the installer, do these steps:
- Select the appropriate language and click OK. You see a welcome window for the installation program.
- Review the information presented in each window and click Next until you reach the Choose installation folder window. Choose a directory to install the application server in and click Next.
- You cannot choose a directory with international characters (such as á, É, î, ñ, ô, ß) or double-byte characters anywhere in the directory path.
- Enter the drive letter that you used to mount the
/aiwfilesystem from the primary server.For example, to connect to the J drive type J:
- Click Next.
- In the Preinstallation summary window, review the information and click Install.
- Restart the computer to complete the installation.
- When the system restarts, log in using the user ID that you want to run Ricoh ProcessDirector under.
- Start the application server. Use the Start application server link in the Ricoh ProcessDirector start menu folder.
- To make sure that the application server is connected to the primary server, log in to the Ricoh ProcessDirector user interface and click to verify that the Connection status column contains Connected.