Tuning step templates
Before you do this procedure, make sure that any application or secondary servers that you want to use for step processing are enabled and connected. Note whether your computers are general-usage or restricted-usage computers.
Step templates that let Ricoh ProcessDirector access applications on other computers must be tuned to run on the server that those applications are installed on.
The RunExternalProgram and RunHotFolderApplication step templates (and any copies of them) can be tuned to run on the primary server, an application server, or a secondary server.
If the Ricoh ProcessDirector primary computer is a Linux or AIX system, step templates installed by some features must be tuned to run on application servers. These step templates (and any copies of them) must be tuned to run on application servers:
Some step templates installed by document processing features can only run on the primary server. If your environment includes Ricoh ProcessDirector application or secondary servers, you must tune these step templates to run only on the primary server:
To tune a step template:
- Click the Workflow tab.
- In the left pane, click Step Templates.
- Click the name of the step template that you want to tune.
- Click the Tuning tab.
- In the Servers to use section, specify whether steps based on this step template run on any available server
in the general pool, or if the steps are restricted to selected servers.
- Depending on the step template that you selected, you might be able to further classify
where the step runs by operating system type. The available operating systems are
displayed in the Server operating systems list.
For example, you might have an external program that runs only on a specific operating system such as Windows. However, you have a combination of a Linux primary server and Windows Ricoh ProcessDirector application servers in the general-usage server pool. This causes Ricoh ProcessDirector to display both Linux and Windows in the operating system list. In this case, click Run on servers in general server pool, deselect Linux, and select Windows.
- The operating system list lets you select more than one operating system.
- Depending on the step template that you selected, you might be able to further classify where the step runs by operating system type. The available operating systems are displayed in the Server operating systems list.
- In the Concurrent step limit section, specify where the limits are set for the number of steps created from the step template that can run at the same time.
- Click OK.