Input data stream
Specifies the format of data that the input file for this job contains. Ricoh ProcessDirector can try to set the value of this property automatically if the workflow for the job includes the DetectInputDataStream step. The detection process includes analyzing the beginning content of the input file. You can update this value using the Process again action.
- The input file is in the Advanced Function Presentation format.
- The input file is in the Graphic Interchange Format.
- The input file is a job ticket in the Job Definition Format.
- The input file is in the Joint Photographic Experts Group format.
- The input file contains data in the Xerox line-conditioned data stream.
- The input file contains line data or mixed mode data. Ricoh ProcessDirector cannot detect line data or mixed mode data; this value must be explicitly set.
- The input file contains data in the Xerox metacode format.
- The input file is in the Hewlett-Packard Printer Control Language format.
- The input file is in the Adobe Portable Document Format.
- The input file is in the Adobe PostScript format.
- The input file contains plain text data. Ricoh ProcessDirector cannot detect plain text; this value must be explicitly set.
- The input file is in the Tagged Image File Format.
- The data type of the input file is not known. Because the DetectInputDataStream step cannot detect between the line data and text input data streams, it sets the value of this property to Unknown for either of these input data streams.
- The input file is in Extensible Markup Language format.
- Database name
- It is a good practice to set the input data stream accurately. Authorized users can accomplish this by including the DetectInputDataStream step in the workflow, or they can explicitly set the Input data stream property in a SetJobPropsFromTextFile step in the workflow.
- If the Input data stream property is specified more than once, Ricoh ProcessDirector uses a hierarchy to establish the final value of the property. It establishes the
value in this order:
- When the input device submits the input file and creates the corresponding job, Ricoh ProcessDirector sets the initial value to Unknown.
- If the workflow for the job includes a value for the input data stream, Ricoh ProcessDirector updates the value of the property to the value that the workflow specifies.
- If the AFP Support feature is installed, the input file was submitted through Download for z/OS or AFP Download Plus, and the JCL file that accompanied the input file included a value for the datat keyword, Ricoh ProcessDirector updates the property to the value that the keyword specifies.
- If the workflow includes the DetectInputDataStream step, and the step detects the type of input data stream, Ricoh ProcessDirector updates the value to the type that the step detected. This only applies if the Input data stream property has not been modified by the workflow or through the JCL file, and is still Unknown.
- If an authorized user does a Process again action on the job and selects a new value for the input data stream, Ricoh ProcessDirector uses the value that the user specifies. In this case, it ignores any value that the workflow specifies. Also, if reprocessing runs the DetectInputDataStream step again, Ricoh ProcessDirector ignores any value that the step determines.
- If you need to change the Input data stream property after Ricoh ProcessDirector starts to process the job, use the Process Again action. In this case, start processing the job again from the step that specifies the new value.