Create as child job
Specifies whether the jobs created by a step based on the CreateJobsFromRepositorySearch step template are child jobs or independent jobs. When the new jobs are child jobs, the job processed by the CreateJobsFromRepositorySearch step becomes the parent job.
- Yes (default)
- The jobs are child jobs. The job processed by the step becomes the parent of the new child jobs.
- The jobs are independent jobs. The job processed by the step is not the parent of the new jobs.
- Database name
- When you create child jobs:
- If you add a WaitForRelatedJobs step to the workflow for the parent job, the parent job stays in the system until all the child jobs complete.
- You can assign a rule to a connector that sends the child jobs through a different branch of the workflow that processed the parent job.
- Create as child job is a positional job property. For information about using positional job properties, refer to the Information Center.