Job identifier to use
Specifies whether the job name or the job number is shown on the user interface in these places:
- In the progress indicator area of the Printers portlet on the Main page.
- On the printer console for an AFP, Kodak, or Ricoh TotalFlow printer.
- In the job completion log for AFP and PCLOut printers.
- Job name
- Display the job name for print jobs.
- Job number
- Display the job number for print jobs.
- Database name
- For Ricoh PDF and Custom PDF printers, Ricoh ProcessDirector puts the value of the Job identifier to use property in the JDF file. Settings for the printer device in Ricoh ProcessDirector and on the control unit of the printer determine how the job is displayed on the printer console.
- The printer console for a Xerox printer shows the job number even when this property is set to Job name.
- Passthrough printers use a command to specify the information sent to the printer. The most common commands result in the printer console displaying the job number even when the Job identifier to use property is set to Job name. To display the job name on the printer console, prepend a command that copies the print file to a file with the job name. Use a symbol for the job name in the command that sends the file to the printer. For an example, see the information center topic about changing the job information shown in the Printers portlet and on the printer console.
- The AFP Support feature adds AFP and PCLOut printer devices to Ricoh ProcessDirector. The Cut Sheet Support for Kodak feature adds Kodak printer devices. The Cut Sheet Support for Xerox feature adds Xerox printer devices.