Adding or removing scheduling properties
You can use a scheduling properties configuration file to change the default set of scheduling properties used when assigning jobs to printers. The value in a job property must match the value in its corresponding printer property for the job to schedule to the selected printer.
makeLikePrinterAttrs.cfgfile are used to determine which job properties are updated to match printer properties when you click the Make Jobs Match Printer action on the Schedule Jobs page.
- Log in to the primary computer as the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user (aiw1 is the default). (AIX and Linux) or Log in to Windows as an authorized user.
- Navigate to
/aiw/aiw1/config(AIX and Linux) or
- Open the
makeLikePrinterAttrs.cfgfile with a text editor.
- Add, edit, or delete scheduling properties from the file.
- When you are done editing, save the file.
makeLikePrinterAttrs.cfgfile is used the next time the PrintJobs step runs or you use the Schedule jobs action.
The contents of the default scheduling properties file:
Job.Locations=Printer.Locations Job.StapleRequired=Printer.StapleCapable Job.FoldOptions=Printer.FoldCapable Job.Binding=Printer.RingBindingCapable Job.Binding=Printer.PerfectBindingCapable Job.Punch=Printer.PunchCapable Job.OutputBin=Printer.OutputBin Job.MediaSize=Printer.InputTray Job.MediaType=Printer.InputTray Job.Form=Printer.Form Job.Destination=Printer.Destination Job.Class=Printer.Class Job.MediaRequired=Printer.Media Job.JobSize=Printer.JobSize
- Only the properties with rules specified in the file must match for a job to be scheduled to a printer.
- If you enter a job property more than once, the last value for the job property is used.
- If a value for a property in a rule is null, it is considered a match.
- If you leave a job scheduling property blank, it matches all values used for the corresponding printer property.
- If the file is empty, the job is sent to the printer without matching any properties.
- If the file does not exist when the PrintJobs step runs, the default Ricoh ProcessDirector base scheduling properties are used to define matches.
- Conflicts in the Schedule Jobs dialog are caused by job and printer property values in the scheduling properties file that do not match. Some job properties that you add to the scheduling properties file may not be available to display in the Jobs table.