Job sent using the LPD protocol
If you sent a job to Ricoh ProcessDirector using a command that uses the LPD protocol and it does not appear in the Jobs table, check these settings.
- If the command you used to submit the job does not include an option to pass a server name, make sure that there is a print queue defined on the sending system to send jobs to the LPD input device.
- Make sure the print server that the job was sent to is the parent server of the LPD input device.
- Make sure that the network settings on the sending system allow data to be sent over port 515.
- Set the LPD host entries to IP addresses or fully qualified domain names instead of
host names in the System settings. Validation for host names can cause delays that
result in the LPR client timing out. To change the host entries:
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click .
- In the Hosts allowed to submit LPD jobs field, change the LPD host entries to IP addresses or to fully qualified host names (such as hostserver.co.acmeproducts.com instead of *.acmeproducts.com).