Grouping child jobs
Ricoh ProcessDirector provides the WaitForGroup step template to support this function.
To group child jobs:
- Click the Workflow tab.
- Create or update a workflow to use as the child workflow.
- If there are any processing steps where all the jobs in the group must be present,
such as when the group of jobs requires manual processing, include a step that is
based on the WaitForGroup step template. Put this step immediately before the step that requires all the jobs
in the group.For example, put this step immediately before the PrintJobs step. Ricoh ProcessDirector does not move the jobs to the next step until all the jobs in the group have completed the previous step. You can include as many WaitForGroup steps as required.
- Save and enable the workflow.
- Click the Main tab.
- In the Input Devices portlet, click on the name of the input device that you want to use for this task.
- In the left pane, click Show all tabs to fully expand the notebook.
- Set the Workflow property to ParentNoPrint.
- Set the Child workflow property to the workflow that includes the step that is based on the WaitForGroup step template.
- Set the Submit step property to SubmitInputFiles.
- If the input device is a Hot folder device, set the Batching method property to a value other than None, and set values for other properties as required.
- Verify that the values of the pattern properties in the Advanced area meet the requirements of the jobs.
- Click OK.Note: If the input device is enabled and connected, you see a message that asks if you want to disable and disconnect the device.
- Select the input device and click Enable, then select it again and click Connect.
When you select an action to do on one or more jobs in a group, Ricoh ProcessDirector prompts you to include the other files in the group as well.
You can also remove jobs from a group throughand add jobs to a group with . This action is only available in the legacy user interface.