Sending jobs to a specific printer
The scheduling properties for jobs are:
- Customer name
- Fold options
- Job size, in sheets
Ricoh ProcessDirector calculates the number of sheets that the job contains, and the user who defines the printer specifies the sheet count that a given printer supports. This property might not contain a value for jobs that are not in the AFP or PDF formats.
- Media required, for the job including any media specified as page exceptions
- Output bin
- Output format
- Requested location
- Stapling required, for the job including any stapling specified as page exceptions
The AFP Support feature adds these job scheduling properties for AFP jobs:
- Job class
- Job destination
- Job form
Scheduling properties are added or deleted from this list by editing a scheduling properties configuration file.
If you leave a printer scheduling property blank, it matches all values used for the corresponding job property. If you leave a job scheduling property blank, it matches all values used for the corresponding printer property.
If the scheduling properties do not match (or if the value of the Requested printer property is Not set), use the Schedule function to send the job to a specific printer. The Schedule function is an easy way to make the scheduling properties match.
To send a job to a specific printer:
- In the Jobs table, select the job or jobs that you want to schedule to a printer.
- Click Schedule.The Schedule Jobs dialog shows printers that you have defined, plus all their scheduling properties. If you see a colored star in the top row of the table, only your favorite printers are listed. Click the colored star to see all the printers in the list.
- To select a specific printer to print the job or jobs:
- Under Requested printer, select Printer selected in table.
- Select a printer in the Printers table.The printer you selected becomes the Requested printer for the jobs.
- Click OK.
- To change the values of the scheduling properties for the jobs that you selected and
either send the jobs to a specific printer or send them to any printer that has the
same values set for its scheduling properties:
- If the list of Jobs at the top of the page is closed, click Show jobs to open it.
- To change the values of the scheduling properties for the jobs so that they match
those of the selected printer, click Make jobs match selected printer.Ricoh ProcessDirector updates the values of the scheduling properties for the jobs to match those of the printer.
- Ricoh ProcessDirector does not update the value of the Media required scheduling property. To resolve a Media required scheduling property conflict, you must change the media specified by the job or route the job to a printer that supports the media.
- To change the values of individual job properties, click Edit scheduling properties.
- To change the value of a scheduling property, select the property and type or select a new value.
- Click OK.Ricoh ProcessDirector assigns the new value to all the jobs that are listed in the Jobs table.
If you schedule two or more jobs to the same printer, Ricoh ProcessDirector uses these criteria to determine the printing order of the jobs:
processes jobs that are not members of process groups in this order:
- Most recently promoted, as determined by the Promotion time property for the job
- Highest priority, as determined by the Job priority property
- Most recently received, as determined by the Time submitted property
processes jobs that are members of a process group in this order:
- Most recently promoted
- Highest priority
- Job order within the process group, as determined by the Process group order property