Disabling an object makes it unavailable to Ricoh ProcessDirector . Objects include servers, notifications, media, and devices such as input devices and printers. Features might add other kinds of objects as well.
Jobs that are already scheduled to a disabled printer still print on it, unless they are scheduled to a different printer.
- Shutting down a printer both disables it and releases it from Ricoh ProcessDirector , while simply disabling it does not release it. Other programs can send jobs to a shutdown printer, but not to a disabled printer that has not been shut down.
To disable an object:
- Do one of these:
- From the
- Find the object in its portal.
- Right-click the object and select Disable.
- From the Administration page:
- In the left pane, click the object type.
- In the table, right-click the object and select Disable.
- From the Main page:
- If you see a confirmation message, click Yes.
- After Ricoh ProcessDirector disables an input device or printer, the symbol next to it changes to the disabled symbol, which is a broken orange arrow.
- After a system shutdown and restart, all the printers are disabled. If you want all the printers that were enabled before the shutdown to be enabled after the system is restarted, you can change the Remember enabled status of printers property value to Yes on the page.