Viewing object logs
object typedirectory. However, job logs remain in the system as long as the job does. When the job is deleted, the log information is moved to the audit files.
Audit files remain in the system for 28 days and then are automatically deleted. There is no size limit for logs.
Log entries are sorted by the Time column, from the newest to the oldest entry.
The timestamp in an exported log is displayed in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) followed by a plus sign (+) or a minus sign (−) and an offset representing the number of hours that the local time of the issuing system is ahead (+) or behind (−) GMT. However, the timestamp in an object log being viewed in Ricoh ProcessDirector is displayed in the time zone of the browser that you are using.
To view the log for an object:
- Do one of these:
- From the
- Find the object in its portal or table.
- Right-click the object and select View Log.
- From the Administration page:
- In the left pane, click the object type.
- In the table, right-click the object and select View Log.
- From the Main page:
- You see the messages that were issued. All the message times are displayed in the time zone of the browser that you are using. If the text of a message is truncated, click the message entry. You see the complete text of the message at the bottom of the window.
- To sort the messages by message type or by another column, click the column heading.Click once to sort in ascending order; click twice to sort in descending order.
- To change what you see in the log, change the value of the Type and Date range properties:
- By default, you see messages of all types. To only show certain types of messages, choose a value from the list.
- Date range
- Select All to see all of the messages in the log, filtered by the Type setting. Select Custom to limit the number of messages to a certain number of days or hours. Specify the days and hours in the Issued within property.