Viewing and updating the media ready in printer input trays
Ricoh ProcessDirector uses SNMP and JMF to distinguish between the media that a printer supports and the media that is ready in its input trays. Supported media is not ready until it is loaded in an input tray. Unless your printer can automatically match media, update the ready media for the printer object when you load new media in the printer device.
To view and update the media ready in printer input trays:
- In the Printers portlet, select a printer. Click .As an alternative, you can select a job in the Jobs portlet and click Schedule. Select the printer you want to use and then click Show Trays.
- If you have Media Matching set to Use the properties selected below and the printer reports all the properties you use to distinguish media, the table
shows the trays and the media that is currently loaded. If you load different media
while this page is open, do these steps to update the media:
- Click Update.Ricoh ProcessDirector queries the printer and returns the media that is ready in each input tray. If you loaded different media and the table does not change, make sure that Get tray information from printer property on the printer is set to Yes.
- Click OK.
- Click Update.
- If you have Media Matching set to Use the properties selected below, but the printer does not report all the properties you use to distinguish media or SNMP is not turned on for the printer, follow the instructions for Media Matching set to Use media product ID or media name.
- If you have Media Matching set to Use media product ID or media name, do these steps to update the media:
- Select the input tray that you want to update.
- Click Set tray media.
- Select the media that is loaded in the tray and click OK.
- Click CLOSE.