A step that is based on this step template compresses job files that match the value of the Compress file patterns job property.
Job property defaults
- Compress file patterns:
- The value of Compress file patterns uses regular expression syntax:
- Period (.) matches a single occurrence of any character (letter or number).
- Asterisk (*) matches zero or more occurrences of the preceding character, up to the maximum file name length.
- Backslash (\) is the escape character that means that the next character is interpreted literally.
- Dollar sign ($) means that a match signifies the end of the expression.
- Characters in the value are case-sensitive. For example, .*PDF$,.*AFP$ represent patterns that are different from .*pdf$,.*afp$.
- Separate multiple patterns by commas; do not type a space between them.