Setting up workflows to print PDF banner pages
- Click the Workflow tab.
- Right-click an existing workflow that processes PDF jobs and select Copy. Name the copy of the workflow, fill in or edit other values that you need, and click
Continue. If none of your existing workflows are appropriate, do this:
- Right-click the PDF workflow, and select Copy.
- Name the copy of the workflow, fill in or edit other values that you need, and click Continue.
- If the new workflow does not process PDF jobs, right-click the CountPages step, and select Delete. Connect the DetectInputDataStream step to the RunExternalProgram step. Right-click the CreatePageRanges step, and select Delete. Connect the RunExternalProgram step to the PrintJobs step.Do not delete these steps if the new workflow processes PDF jobs. These steps are needed to reprint a range of pages in PDF jobs.
- If the new workflow processes PDF jobs and the value of the Create .zip file property for the hot folder that assigns jobs to this workflow is set to Yes, add a step based on the BuildPDFFromZIP step template to the workflow before the first step that expects PDF input (for example, EnableRepositioning, CreatePageRanges, or PrintJobs ). Update the properties.
- Right-click the PrintJobs step and select Properties.
- Change the values of the Binding, Fold options, Job class, Job form, Job destination, Requested location, Media, Output bin, Punch, and Staple properties to match the scheduling properties of the printer that you want to print on.
- Change the values of these banner page copies properties as needed.
- Header copies
Set this value to 1 or greater to print one or more header pages before a job or to 0 to omit the header page.
- Trailer copies
Set this value to 1 or greater to print one or more trailer pages after a job or to 0 to omit the header page.
- Separator copies
This value is ignored. Printers that are defined on application servers or primary servers do not support printing separator pages.
- Header copies
- Change the values of the banner page configuration file properties as needed. The
default values for the Header page configuration file and Trailer page configuration file properties refer to configuration files for PDF banner pages.
To use the supplied configuration files for header and trailer pages on a printer, change the values to:
- Header page configuration file: C:\aiw\aiw1\control_files\banner_pages\header.jrxml
- Trailer page configuration file: C:\aiw\aiw1\control_files\banner_pages\trailer.jrxml
- Click OK.
- Save the workflow.