Defining a workflow to print a job
To print a job on a printer, you must create a workflow that uses the PrintJobs step.
- Click the Workflow tab.
- Right-click an appropriate workflow, such as PDF, and select Copy.
- Name the copy of the workflow, fill in or edit other values that you need, and click Continue.
- Right-click the PrintJobs step and select Properties.
- In the Scheduling tab, select a value for the Requested printer property.
- If you know which printer you want to print the job, select it from the list.
- If you want to schedule the job manually, select Not set. The job does not print until someone uses the Schedule action to assign the job to a printer.
- If you want Ricoh ProcessDirector to assign the job to the first available printer that matches the scheduling properties, select Any printer. Ricoh ProcessDirector uses properties such as Job size, Customer name, Media, and Finishing options to determine which printers match the job's requirements when the job reaches the PrintJobs step.
- If you have more than one PrintJobs step in a workflow because you want to set the Requested printer using conditional rules, leave the Requested printer property on the PrintJobs step as Any printer and put an AssignJobValues step on each branch in the workflow. Use the AssignJobValues step to set the Requested printer value as needed for each branch.
- If the value of the Create .zip file property for the hot folder input device that assigns jobs to this workflow is set
to Yes, add a step based on the BuildPDFFromZIP step template to the workflow before the first step that expects PDF input (for example,
CreatePageRanges or PrintJobs ):
- In the workflow editor, click Step Templates in the top right corner of the window.
- Click the BuildPDFFromZip step template and drag it into the workflow editor. Place the step where you want it.
- If you want to rename the step, right-click the step. Select Properties, and then click General. For the Name property, type a name for the new step and click OK.
- Connect the step to the other steps.
- Save the workflow.