A step that is based on the OptimizePDF step template reduces the size of a PDF file and removes elements that are not needed.
Job property defaults
- We recommend that you add this step near the start of a PDF workflow to optimize PDF files when they enter the workflow. For example, add this step after the DetectInputDataStream step.
- We recommend that you add this step after any step that modifies a PDF file. For example, you have the Ultimate Impostrip Connect feature. Your workflow includes
the RunImpostripOnJob step, which sends a PDF print job to Ultimate Impostrip OnDemand Digital Automation
for impositioning. Add the OptimizePDF step after the RunImpostripOnJob step.
- The BuildPDFFromDocuments step creates a single PDF file for the current job and then optimizes the file. You do not need to add the OptimizePDF step after the BuildPDFFromDocuments step. The BuildPDFFromDocuments step is installed with the PDF Document Support feature.
- When this step processes a PDF 2.0 file, it converts the file to PDF 1.7 format. We recommend placing a step based on the OptimizePDF step template in the workflow before steps that update PDF files, such as IdentifyPDFDocuments and BuildPDFFromDocuments.
- Use the version of the Ricoh ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat supplied with Ricoh ProcessDirector version 3.6 and above to update the control file. Remember to copy the control file to the correct location for Ricoh ProcessDirector to use it.