Setting up Ricoh PDF or Custom PDF printers to print PDF banner pages
Ricoh ProcessDirector can print PDF header pages and trailer pages for a job sent to a Ricoh PDF or Custom PDF printer. Header pages print before the first data pages of a job. Trailer pages print after the last data pages of a job.
- In the Printers portlet, find the Ricoh PDF or Custom PDF printer that you want to use to print jobs with PDF banner pages. If the printer is enabled, right-click it and select Disable.
- Open the properties notebook by clicking the printer name.
- Display the banner page properties for the printer by clicking the Banner Pages tab.
- Make sure that the desired banner pages are enabled for your printer:
- To use header pages, set the Enable header pages property to Yes.
- To use trailer pages, set the Enable trailer pages property to Yes.
- Specify values for the Merge banner pages into PDF print file and Banner page input tray properties.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the printer and select Enable.
- Repeat these steps for any other Ricoh PDF or Custom PDF printers that you want to set up to print banner pages with jobs.
- For header and trailer pages to print, the values of the Header copies and Trailer copies properties for the job must be set to 1 or greater. If the values of those job properties are set to 0, the printer does not print a header page or a trailer page for a specific job, even if these types of banner pages are enabled on the printer.
- To make sure that a job and its banner pages print together, set the Merge banner pages into PDF print file property to Yes. If you set it to No, another job sent to the printer at the same time can print between the job and its banner pages.
- You can set the Merge banner pages into PDF print file property to Yes for jobs that include page exceptions for sides, media, and stapling when your printer supports these page exceptions. If you have other finishing options in the JDF job ticket, such as punching or binding, set the property to No.
- If you print a PDF 2.0 file with banner pages, the file is converted to PDF 1.7 format which is required for the banner pages.