Job prints on incorrect media using a Passthrough printer
When Ricoh ProcessDirector sends a job to a Passthrough printer, no media information is sent with it. As a result, operators have complete responsibility for the media that is used for the job. The operator must know what media the job requests in the Media required property and must make sure that the correct media is loaded in the printer. Then the operator should use the View trays option for the printer to make sure that the correct media is listed. When that setting is correct, Ricoh ProcessDirector can schedule the job to the printer using media properties.
If you think there is a scheduling error, you might need to update the Media property for the job, the media requested by any page exceptions, or the list of supported media for the printer.
- Right-click the job and select Properties.
- On the Scheduling tab, find the Media required property and make sure it lists the correct media names.
- If it does not, check the Media property for the job and the media requested by any page exceptions. Update them as needed.
- Check in the job log for any evidence that the value of the Media property for the job changed since you submitted it.
- Right-click the job and select View Log.
- Set the log to show Property changes and search for Media.
- Look for evidence that someone used the Correct media action to change the job media value after you submitted the job.
- Look at the banner page or the job log to find the name of the printer that printed the job. If you look in the job log, sort the Issued by column until you see the name of the printer.
- In the Printers portlet on the
page, select the printer that printed the job, and click Properties. On the Scheduling
tab, look for the list of Media supported for the printer.If the value for Media supported is Ready media objects, use the Show Trays action on the selected printer to see what media is loaded in each tray. The values displayed might have changed after you printed the job. Using Ready media objects for the Media supported on the printer should prevent scheduling errors if the operator always uses the Show Trays action when changing media in the printer trays.
- If the values in the Media required property for the job are all matched by the values set in the Media supported property for the printer used to print the job, it is likely that the operator forgot to update the media loaded in the printer to match the requested media before the job was printed.