Upgrading the DB2 database
- Your current DB2 database and Ricoh ProcessDirector system is backed up.
- The current installed version of the DB2 database is version 10.1 or 10.5.
If you manually upgrade the DB2 database before upgrading Ricoh ProcessDirector , do not start Ricoh ProcessDirector until you upgrade to the new version. Some older versions of Ricoh ProcessDirector do not work with newer versions of the DB2 database.
Whether you are installing using a DVD or an ISO image, make sure that you can access the installation media from the primary server. Make sure that you have completed these procedures as needed:
- Preparing the primary computer for installation
- Downloading installation files
- Installing from a remote directory
To upgrade the DB2 database as part of the Ricoh ProcessDirector install process, follow the instructions provided by the installer. When you get to the Database configuration tab of the installer, select Check to upgrade DB2. If you are using the command line installer, when you get to the Upgrade DB2 section, select 1- Upgrade DB2.
To upgrade the DB2 database manually:
- Verify that your system meets the requirements listed above.
- Log in to the primary computer as the system administrator that installed Ricoh ProcessDirector .
- Using Windows Explorer, go to the directory where the installation media is located and find scripts\upgradeDB2.bat.
- Double-click upgradeDB2.bat. A command prompt opens asking for the Administrator password.
- Type the password for the system administrator and press Enter.
- It can take several minutes for the script to complete.
When the script finishes, the command prompt returns: Successfully upgraded DB2.
- Verify the DB2 database level on the system. In the command prompt, type db2level and press Enter.
The command displays the current DB2 database level along with the install path and install date. If the installation was successful, the DB2 database level is 10.5.
- Check the installation log for any errors. Go to
C:\and open upgradeDB2.log.
- If you upgraded the DB2 database before upgrading Ricoh ProcessDirector , continue with installing Ricoh ProcessDirector . See Installing for more information.
- If you upgraded the DB2 database after upgrading Ricoh ProcessDirector , start Ricoh ProcessDirector and log on to verify that the upgrade was successful.