Defining input devices for use with transform features
Before you begin, make sure you have defined a workflow that sends jobs to be transformed.
To define an input device for use with the Ricoh ProcessDirector Transform features or the Advanced Transform feature:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- Right-click the HotFolderTransform input device and select Copy.If the jobs that need to be transformed are submitted using AFP Download Plus or Download for z/OS, copy the DownloadAFP input device instead.
- Type a name and a description for the new input device.
- On the General tab, find the entry field for the Child workflow property and select the workflow that you created to send jobs to be transformed.
- Click the Batching tab.
- Find the Data patterns property. Make sure that the value of this property lets
identify the files that it should send to be transformed.For example, if the files are in PDF format and have .PDF extensions, set the Data patterns property to .*PDF$.
- Click OK.
- To use the new input device, right-click it and select Enable and Connect.