Other hardware requirements
- A dual layer DVD drive or equivalent.
The installation program for the Ricoh ProcessDirector base product is provided on a DVD or as an ISO image; features are included with the base product, but updated features might be provided on DVDs, CDs, or as ISO images. To install the product you must either:
- Use a DVD drive that is installed in the -. In this case, you run the installation programs from the DVDs or CDs.
- Use software that lets you mount and run or extract an ISO file.
- Use a DVD drive on another Windows system in your network.
- If you install remotely or from a network location, the directory that you store the installers in must have sufficient room for the downloaded files. The ISO Downloads page on the Ricoh website specifies how much space is required for each package. See Downloading installation files for more details.
- If you install the Ink Savvy feature, the Ink Savvy tool must run on a Windows primary computer or a Windows application server connected to a Linux or AIX primary computer. You can either install the application server on the the same computer as the Ink Savvy tool, or you can use a shared directory to send files to Ink Savvy.
- If you install the PDF Document Support feature, the Ricoh ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat must run on a Windows computer. See Ricoh ProcessDirector : Installing Document Processing Features, G550-20312, for hardware requirements.