How to use the manuals
- To learn how to plan for, install, and start Ricoh ProcessDirector :
- See Ricoh ProcessDirector for Windows: Planning and Installing.
- To learn about the functions and operations of Ricoh ProcessDirector and its installed features:
- See the Ricoh ProcessDirector Information Center.
- To learn how to set property values in the user interface:
- See the field help.
- To learn how to install a document processing feature:
- See Ricoh ProcessDirector : Installing Document Processing Features.
- To learn how to use the functions and operations of Ricoh ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat
- See Ricoh ProcessDirector : Using Ricoh ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat.
- To learn how to configure Ricoh ProcessDirector to exchange data with other applications:
- See Ricoh ProcessDirector : Integrating with Other Applications.
Displaying the publications
The Ricoh ProcessDirector publications are available on the publications CD, so you can access them before you install the application. These publications can be accessed from the Help menu in the user interface after a user logs in:
- Ricoh ProcessDirector : Integrating with Other Applications
- Ricoh ProcessDirector : Installing Document Processing Features
- Ricoh ProcessDirector : Using Ricoh ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat
- A PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, is required to view the publications.
To access the Ricoh ProcessDirector publications CD on Windows:
- Insert the CD in the CD drive.
If the Windows system is configured to autorun CDs, Windows Explorer opens automatically to show the contents of the CD.
- If Windows Explorer does not start automatically, open it and display the contents of the CD drive.
- Open the
readme.htmlfile for information about the contents of the CD.
Displaying the Information Center
The Ricoh ProcessDirector Information Center is available from the user interface.
To display the Information Center:
- On the top menu bar of the Ricoh ProcessDirector user interface, click the button and select Help.
- If you are not logged in to
, enter this URL in the address bar of your browser:
In the URL, hostname is the host name or IP address of the computer where Ricoh ProcessDirector is installed.
In addition, you can bookmark the location of the Information Center in your browser and open it at any time outside of Ricoh ProcessDirector .
Information about using the functions and operations of features are available only when the features are installed in the system.