can receive jobs from any system that can send jobs to hot folders or from any system
that can use the LPD protocol or
pdpr command. If you have the AFP Support feature,
can receive jobs from the Job Entry Subsystem (JES) spool on a z/OS host. Jobs are
submitted to input devices that you define in
. Input devices receive the jobs and then initiate job processing.
The supported job submission methods are:
- Hot folders
- Receives print files through File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or your preferred file copying method. When you copy or move a print file to the hot folder directory, the input device that is associated with the hot folder automatically receives the job and initiates job processing.
- Receives jobs that are submitted using the line printer daemon (LPD) protocol. Users
can use the
lprcommand or another command that uses the LPD protocol to submit jobs to a Ricoh ProcessDirector LPD input device. The input device automatically receives the job and initiates job processing.
- If you are migrating from InfoPrint Manager and you use the
pdprcommand to submit jobs, you can configure Ricoh ProcessDirector to accept jobs from the
pdprcommand. The Ricoh ProcessDirector
pdprscript creates an
lprafpcommand to submit jobs, adding flags to send supported job property values to the primary server.
If you have the AFP Support feature, these job submission methods are also supported:
- AFP Download Plus
- Converts line data to AFP data and transmits the print job with all required resources across the TCP/IP network from the host system to Ricoh ProcessDirector for printing.
- Download for z/OS
- Automatically transmits output across the TCP/IP network from the host system to Ricoh ProcessDirector for printing or archiving.
Download for z/OS and AFP Download Plus are separately ordered features of PSF for z/OS. For information about PSF for z/OS and its features, see the IBM website (http://www.ibm.com).
In addition to deciding which job submission methods to use, you need to determine the naming convention for the job submission directories on the primary computer where you want the input files to be. You must specify these directories when you create an input device:
- Folder location directory
- The name of the directory that an input device monitors for incoming jobs. For example,
C:\aiw\aiw1\System\hf\LineDatafor hot folder jobs,
C:\aiw\aiw1\System\lpd\LPDLineDatafor LPD jobs, or
C:\aiw\aiw1\System\dl\AFPfor Download for z/OS or AFP Download Plus jobs.
- Staging location directory
- The name of the directory where the job submission method places the input file. Consider
creating a subdirectory of the folder location directory. For example,
C:\aiw\aiw1\System\hf\LineData\Stagedfor line data input files received from hot folders or
C:\aiw\aiw1\System\dl\AFP\Stagedfor AFP input files received from Download for z/OS or AFP Download Plus.
- Let Ricoh ProcessDirector create these directories automatically with the correct ownership when it creates an input device. Do not create the directories yourself.
Before you use Download for z/OS or AFP Download Plus with Ricoh ProcessDirector , you must configure the software to communicate with Ricoh ProcessDirector . Some of the configuration tasks include:
- Define a JES initialization statement for a functional subsystem application (FSA).
- Create a startup procedure to identify program name, region size, and printing defaults for the FSA.
- For Download for z/OS, create a routing control data set that points to the IP address of the primary computer and port number of the input device.
- For AFP Download Plus, define a Startup Procedure to point to the IP address of the primary computer and port number of the input device.
- Use installation exits, if necessary, for modifications to software functions. Both Download for z/OS and AFP Download Plus can use installation Exit 15, which transmits additional print parameters to Ricoh ProcessDirector .
See the Ricoh ProcessDirector information center for information about these topics:
- Copying files to hot folders or sending files using the LPD protocol.
- Installing and configuring the
- Configuring Download for z/OS and AFP Download Plus with Ricoh ProcessDirector .
For information about configuring Download for z/OS and AFP Download Plus, see PSF for z/OS: Download for z/OS and PSF for z/OS: AFP Download Plus.