Preparing the primary computer for installation
During the installation, the
license files are copied to the
C:\Program Files\Ricoh\ProcessDirector\base\license directory.
- Make sure that the planning checklist is complete and the required hardware and software are available and installed. See Planning for installation.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Verify that DB2 is not already installed on the same computer that Ricoh ProcessDirector is installed on. Ricoh ProcessDirector installs its own version of DB2.
- Disable your antivirus software. The DB2 that Ricoh ProcessDirector installs is not supported on a system that has antivirus software running on it.
- If your IT department does not let you disable antivirus software, set up exceptions
within your antivirus software for these paths:
C:\aiw\aiw1\ext_db2(if you have an older version of the Reports feature installed)
C:\BCC(if the BCC software is in use by Ricoh ProcessDirector )
- Update the domain group policies and domain security policies for Windows to prevent DB2 and Ricoh ProcessDirector from being uninstalled.