Running the prerequisite checker
Use the prerequisite checker to verify that your system is ready to install Ricoh ProcessDirector .
- Log in as an administrator.
- You must log in using this account every time you install updates. If you use a specific user ID and that person moves to a different department, you might not be able to apply service. We recommend that you create an administrator account specifically for Ricoh ProcessDirector . You can also use an administrator account that is tied to the computer, instead of a specific person.
The administrator user ID cannot contain spaces in the name.
- Insert the base product DVD in the drive.If the autorun feature of Windows is enabled, the installer starts automatically. Click Cancel to close the installer.
- Open a command prompt and go to the DVD drive.
- To start the prerequisite checker, type:setup.exe -DPREREQ_ONLY=TRUE
- Make sure that you enter the command for the prerequisite checker correctly. If you type the -D flag incorrectly, the installer ignores the flag and runs the full installation program instead of the prerequisite checker.