Replacing your control files with the sample files
C:\aiw\aiw1\samplesdirectory and copies them to your control files directory,
C:\aiw\aiw1\control_files. It does not overwrite any of your customized control files in
C:\aiw\aiw1\control_files. You can use the copyConfigurationFiles script to install the default control files or to overwrite your customized control files.
Replacing your control files requires Perl to run. Before replacing your control files, make sure a Perl interpreter is installed.
- Log in to Windows as an administrator.
- On the command line, enter this command:
You can add these optional parameters to the copyConfigurationFiles command:
- [-r [-b]] [-w forceReplaceFile] [samplesDirectory configurationFilesDirectory] [[-o differencesOutputFile] [-c]] [-v] [-help]
- The script overwrites existing files in the
- The script backs up each file it replaces. The backup files are called replaced_file.bak. It does not back up files unless they are being replaced by a different version of that file.
- -w forceReplaceFile
- The script overwrites a specific set of files. List the file paths to overwrite in the forceReplaceFile file.
- The directory where the sample files are located. The default is
- The directory where the control files are located. The default is
- -o differencesOutputFile
- The script writes any file names where there are different versions of a file in the samples and control_files directories. The different version file names are written to the differencesOutputFile file.
- The script compares the files in the
C:\aiw\aiw1\control_filesdirectories and prints a list of which files are in both directories but have different content. Running the script with this parameter does not do the normal copying and replacing.
- The script displays additional file information while copying files.
- The script displays help and syntax information.
New versions of Ricoh ProcessDirector might add new functions that require updated control files. To move your customized content from the old control files to the new control files:
- Generate a list of which files have new versions. Enter this command:
- copyConfigurationFiles.pl -o \tmp\differencesOutputFile
- Copy the new control files. Enter this command: copyConfigurationFiles.pl -r -b -w \tmp\differencesOutputFile
Specifying the -b option means the script backs up files before overwriting them.
- Copy your customized content from the replaced_file.bak backup files to the corresponding control file.