Preparing for the update
To prepare for an update:
- Decide how to update your system. You have two choices:
- Download the full product ISO file for the most recent version of
The ISO file includes a full update of the base product and all of the features. You install the update the same way that you initially installed the product.
This option is the most efficient, because there is only one package to download and installed features are updated automatically.
- Ricoh Transform features must be downloaded and installed separately.
- Download the update packages for the base product and each of the features you have
Downloading individual update packages can be faster than downloading the full ISO file, as each package is significantly smaller than the ISO file. However, each package must be downloaded individually. If you have a large number of features to update, the process can take a long time.
You can only install a product update on Ricoh ProcessDirector systems at Version 3.6 or higher. If your software is below Version 3.6, use the full product ISO file or contact Software Support.
- Download the full product ISO file for the most recent version of Ricoh ProcessDirector .
- If you have Ricoh Transform Features installed, log in to the Transform Feature user interface and open the About dialog. Note the transforms that you have installed.
- If you chose to use the full product ISO file, follow the instructions in chapters 3 and 4 of Ricoh ProcessDirector: Planning and Installing for downloading and installing the update.
- If you chose to install update packages, you must update the base product and all
features that are currently installed.
- Log in as a user authorized to use Feature Manager.
- Click Administration.
- In the left pane, choose
- Make a list of all the features that have a version number In the Installed Version column.The Product Update feature contains the base product, so it must be updated.
- Back up the system. Type these commands.
- "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -t7z lib.7z "C:\aiw\aiw1\lib"
- "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -t7z ext-xml.7z "C:\Program Files\Ricoh\ProcessDirector\extensions\**\extension.xml"
- This procedure stops and starts your Ricoh ProcessDirector server. Do this procedure at a scheduled maintenance time.
- If your Ricoh ProcessDirector for Windows system is at Version 3.6.0, download the files that you need, but do not install the Product Update or any features until you contact Ricoh Software Support. An extra utility program must be run before the Product Update package is installed or your system will not restart.