Setting up email notifications
You can configure Ricoh ProcessDirector to notify users by email when specific input device, printer or job events occur.
- Make sure that you have an email server installed and that it is configured to let
send emails with it.All notifications use the default SMTP server only. You cannot use the alternate SMTP server.
- Make sure any users who you want to receive a notification have an email address specified in their User property notebook .
- Create one or more notification objects, one for every type of event that you want to be notified about.
- After you create a notification object, you can send a test email.To send a test email:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- Select the notification object that you want to test.
- Click .
- The test email has the word TEST in the Subject line to indicate it is a test email. It has placeholders in the Subject and Message text for the inserts you specified, such as the input device, printer or job name.
- After the test completes successfully, enable the notification object.