Downloading and installing update packages
Product updates for Ricoh ProcessDirector can be downloaded from the Ricoh Software Web page.
- This procedure assumes that you are not using the primary computer to access an external
Web page and download the update files.
If you download the files directly to the primary computer, download the files to this directory:
- In a web browser, open this page: https://dl.ricohsoftware.com/.
- Click Software Downloads, enter your Entitlement ID, and click Submit.
- If you have Ricoh Transform features to update, find and click the names of those transforms to download them.
- Click View Related Files on the right side of the page.
- Click the title of each package that you want to download, starting with Ricoh ProcessDirector: Product Update Feature.Use the list of installed features that you made to determine which other packages to download.
- After each package downloads, validate its MD5 checksums to the value shown on the
Web page. Use this command, substituting the name of the file for ProductUpdate.epk:
- certutil -hashfile ProductUpdate.epk MD5
If the checksum does not match, download the file again.
- If your Ricoh ProcessDirector for Windows system is at Version 3.6.0, download the files that you need, but do not install the Product Update or any features until you contact Ricoh Software Support. An extra utility program must be run before the Product Update package is installed or your system will not restart.
- Log in to the primary computer as an administrator.
- Copy the EPK files into this directory on the primary computer:
- Install the Product Update feature using Import Package.
- When the installation completes, Ricoh ProcessDirector restarts. Use your browser to log in to the user interface. If an error occurs during the installation, contact Ricoh Software Support.
- If you downloaded other feature packages, use Feature Manager to install them.
- If you downloaded Ricoh Transform Features, mount and install each ISO file.For details about running the install program, refer to Ricoh ProcessDirector : Planning and Installing, chapter 4.