Moving data to the PostgreSQL database on Windows
Use this procedure to migrate data from the DB2 database to the PostgreSQL database on a Windows primary server.
- Log in to the primary computer as the system administrator.
- Open a command prompt and type: wmic process | findstr postgres | findstr -v findstr and press Enter. If the PostgreSQL database is running, you see multiple lines of output. If the PostgreSQL database is not running, you see no output.
- If the database is not running, do these steps to start it:
- Go to
- Open the
Reports.jsonfile in a text editor.
- Enable the capture property of at least one of the three reporting sections in the
- To enable the capture of Ricoh ProcessDirector property values and put them in the database table, set the JSON property value to enable.
- To disable the capture, set the value to disable.
In this example, the
captureDataproperty is set to enable:
- Save and close the
- Start the PostgreSQL database by doing one of these actions:
jobStepProgressis enabled, run a job through a step in any workflow. You can submit a new job or continue a current job.
jobPrintingis enabled, print a job to any printer.
printerStatusis enabled, disable or enable any printer.
- Go to
- In the command prompt, type: ippdprofile.cmd and press Enter.
- Type: C:\aiw\aiw1\bin\migrateReports.pl and press Enter. As the script runs, it identifies and displays the tables that are migrating from the DB2 database to the PostgreSQL database.
- During the migration process, the migrateReports.pl asks for a username and password for Ricoh ProcessDirector . Enter the username and password for a Ricoh ProcessDirector user and press Enter.
- A prompt is displayed asking you if the rptdb database should be removed. To remove the database, type Yes and press Enter. To remove the database later, type No and press Enter.
- Verify that the data has been migrated to the PostgreSQL database correctly. Connect
to the PostgreSQL database using your business intelligence tool or by using a PostgreSQL
command line to verify the database tables contain the correct entries. If there is a problem, inspect the files containing the migrated data in the
C:\aiw\aiw1\migrate\directory. These files consist of
.sqlfiles. If the files have been migrated successfully, you can delete the
If you encounter any problems, contact a Ricoh support representative.