Installing Ricoh Transform features
- Make sure that your computer meets the additional hardware and software requirements specified. You can install one or more Ricoh Transform features on the primary server or on another computer on your network.
- The AFP Support feature must be installed on the primary server even if the Transform feature is installed on a computer other than the primary server.
- The Ricoh Transform features are installed in trial mode. To continue using the Ricoh Transform features after the trial period, you must purchase each transform that you want to use and a license key for it.
- This task does not apply to the Advanced Transform feature. If you are installing the Advanced Transform feature, use the instructions for installing features using Feature Manager.
- Log in to the computer as an administrator or other user with authority to install programs and open a command line.
- Insert the appropriate Ricoh Transform feature DVD.
If the autorun feature of Windows is enabled, the installer starts automatically. If autorun is not enabled, go to the DVD drive and double-click
setup.exeto start the installer.
- Choose the transform to install from the list and click Install.
- Select the appropriate language for the installer to use and click OK.
- Reply to any prompts in the installer.When the installer asks you to choose a directory to install the transform in, you can choose a directory on any drive. However, you cannot choose a directory with international characters (such as á, É, î, ñ, ô, ß) or double-byte characters anywhere in the directory path.
The installation program analyzes the system. If it reports any errors, follow the instructions to correct them.
If the installation program finds an older version of the Ricoh Transform feature, you must uninstall it. All custom configurations or resources associated with the older version are also deleted.
If this is the first Ricoh Transform feature installed, the program detects that the Transform Feature Base is not installed. Click Next to install it.
The installation program checks for missing dependencies.After you install all of the
- Review the information in the Pre-Installation Summary window and click Install.When the installation program completes, it shows a summary, including information about accessing the user interface with a Web browser. The default password is nopassword.
- When the installer completes, click Done.
- Eject the DVD.
- If you have another Ricoh Transform feature to install, repeat this procedure beginning
with the step to insert the appropriate Ricoh Transform feature DVD, described above.
Make sure you install all the Transform features before you install the license key.
- If you upgrade Ricoh ProcessDirector and install the license key before you upgrade all the Transform features, the Transform features you did not upgrade stop working.