Customizing the Dashboard Layout
By default, a dashboard is created with a single column and the widgets are arranged one underneath the other. When you add a new widget, it is added at the bottom of the dashboard.
You can add up to four columns to the dashboard. Each column can contain multiple widgets, but a widget cannot span more than one column. You can also drag widgets one on top of another to split the available space horizontally.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- Click , the Options button, on the dashboard heading and select Columns and the number of columns.
- To move a widget to a different column or position, click the widget heading and hold
the mouse button, then drag the widget to the new location.You can also place widgets side-by-side using one of these methods:
- Place each widget in a different column.
- Drag one widget on top of the other. The available space is split between the widgets.
- To resize a widget, use one of these methods:
Note: If you reduce the height of an indicator widget, it automatically turns into a ticker widget. The appearance of the ticker widget depends on the type of the original indicator widget. Ticker widgets for numeric indicators differ from ticker widgets for gauge indicators.
- Resize the dashboard column that contains the widget by dragging the edge of the column right or left. All the widgets in the column are resized automatically.
- Resize the widget by dragging its edges right, left, up, or down.
- To resize the widgets inside a row so they occupy an equal amount of space, click
, the Options button, in the corner of a widget and select Distribute widgets evenly in this row.If the dashboard has multiple columns, the widgets are distributed only within their column.
- To add a title to a widget directly from the dashboard, click Add Title at the top of the widget and enter the title in the text box.
- To change the title of a widget directly from the dashboard, click the current title and enter the new title in the text box.