Creating Dependent Filters
Dependent filters let you combine multiple dashboard filters into a hierarchy. The filters affect each other from parent to child, to grandchild, and so on. When you filter the parent field, fewer options are available for the child filter.
Note: By default, filters are not dependent. Dependent filters can be defined only from selection type filters.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- Click , the Toggle filters button, on the dashboard heading.
- In the Filters panel, create and configure the parent filter.For more information on creating filters, see Creating Dashboard Filters.
- On the parent filter, click , the Add a dependent filter button or click , the Options button, and select Add a Dependent Filter.
- Configure the child filter.There are fewer options available for selection in the child filter because of the selections in the parent filter.
The child filter appears under the parent filter with a down arrow on its heading, which shows the filter hierarchy.
- Repeat the steps for each new child filter to create multiple levels of dependent filters.