Creating Dependent Filters
For example, you can narrow the results to find a specific job by setting the location name, the printer name, and the job name as dependent filters. After you select a location, only printers from that location are displayed. After you select a printer, only jobs from that printer are displayed.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- Click , the Toggle filters button, on the dashboard heading.
- In the Filters panel, create and configure the parent filter.For more information on creating filters, see Creating Dashboard Filters.
- On the parent filter, click , the Add a dependent filter button or click , the Options button, and select Add a Dependent Filter.
- Configure the child filter.There are fewer options available for selection in the child filter because of the selections in the parent filter.
The child filter appears under the parent filter with a down arrow on its heading, which shows the filter hierarchy.
- Repeat the steps for each new child filter to create multiple levels of dependent filters.