Selecting a Range of Colors
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- Create or edit a widget in the Widget Designer.
- In the data panel on the left, click a color icon to open the color picker dialog box.
- Click the Range tab.
- Select a type of configuration:
- To assign a color range automatically, select Auto.
- To configure the color range manually, select Manual.
- If you set the configuration to Manual, follow these steps:
- Click the color rectangles at the left and right to change the start and end colors of the range.
- Select the Coloring method option.The Min/Max option displays the full color range. The Min option displays colors for all the values between the minimum and middle values, while all other values are displayed in gray. The Max option displays colors for all the values between the middle and maximum values, while all other values are displayed in gray.
- To change the default minimum, middle, and maximum values, enter new values for the
Customize range setting.By default, the color range is set to match the minimum and maximum values of the data. Instead, you can manually set the minimum and maximum values.
All the values that are below the minimum value are assigned to the color on the left. All the values that are over the maximum value are assigned to the color on the right.
By default, the middle color is gray. All values larger than the middle value gradually get the color on the right. All values smaller than the middle value gradually get the color on the left. You can change the middle value to specify which value is assigned to gray.
- For the Transition setting, select Steps to define a distinct number of colors in the range or select Gradient for a linear color range.
- Click OK.