- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- If the Widget library panel is not visible, click , the Toggle widgets button, on the dashboard heading.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button.
- In the Widget Designer, configure the required settings for the new widget.
- Enter a title for the widget in the Set a Title field.You can also add a widget title directly from the dashboard.
- Select the type of data visualization from the list in the top-left corner.Several types of charts are available.
- In the data panel on the left, select the values that you want to display in the widget
and the values required for grouping the data.The options differ depending on the type of visualization.
Click , the Add button, next to a data section and select a field in the Add a Field dialog box.
The icon to the left of each field indicates the type of the field:
Each field has a default behavior that depends on the type of data included in the field and the type of data required by the widget. For example, when the widget requires numeric values, the default aggregation method for numeric fields is Sum. You can see information about the default behavior of a field by hovering over the field.
To change the default behavior of a field, hover over the field and click More.... You can select a different aggregation method, apply filters, or set a different time period for date fields.
- To manage the filters that affect the widget, click the Filters tab on the right.
- To customize the appearance of the widget, click the Design tab on the right.You can configure labels, legends, line types, and other formatting settings. The options differ depending on the type of visualization.
- To prevent data selections in a widget from affecting the dashboard, click , the Options button, and disable the Widget affects dashboard filters option.By default, when you make a selection in a widget, a filter is added and applied to the dashboard according to the selected data.
- To give access only to predefined drill hierarchies and prevent viewers from drilling down freely to any field, click , the Options button, and disable the Enable Drill to Anywhere option.
- To hide the title bar, click , the Options button, and enable the Hide Title Bar option.
- To see a preview of the widget design and content, look at the preview area in the
By default, the Update on Every Change option is enabled and the preview is updated automatically.
To improve performance when you work with a large amount of data and slow query times, you can disable the Update on Every Change option. Click the Update button whenever you want to display the latest changes.
- To download the widget data, click , the Download your widget button, and select a file format.This option is available only after you add data to the widget. The file formats available for download depend on the widget type.
- Enter a title for the widget in the Set a Title field.
- Click Apply.