Creating Formulas Based on Filters
- Measured Value Syntax:
- (Measure, Scope 1, Scope 2, ..., Scope N)
- Measure: A field measure or formula.
- Scope: A filter, including numeric value, text, list, ranking, and time filters.
- Define a formula in the Formula Editor.For more information, see Creating and Editing Formulas.
- Enter the syntax for the measured value function and include the field that you want to use as a filter in the formula.
- Right-click the field and select Filter.
- In the Filter dialog box, select a type of filter from the tabs on the left and specify filtering details in the panel on the right.
- Click OK.
Another example is using a ranking filter to track the contribution of best-performing printers to the total number of processed jobs. You can create a formula that calculates the number of jobs only for top-ranking printers. This formula filters the data dynamically since the list of top-ranking printers changes over time based on printer performance.