Creating an Area Map Widget
Area map widgets let you compare values and display categories across geographical regions. You can use area maps when you have geographical regions in your data, such as countries, states, counties, or postal codes.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Area Map from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
- In the Country/state section, click , the Add button, and select a field that contains geographical data.
- In the Color section, click , the Add button, and select the field whose values you want to display on the map.
- In the Design tab on the right, select the map type.
- Click Apply.