Creating a Calendar Heatmap Widget
The calendar heatmap widget visualizes values over days in a calendar-style view, making it easy to identify daily patterns or anomalies.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Calendar Heatmap from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
- In the Date section, click , the Add button, and select the date field that you want to use as the calendar.The range of the calendar is based on the minimum and maximum date values within the field.
- In the Color section, click , the Add button, and select the field that determines which days to color.
- In the Date section, click , the Add button, and select the date field that you want to use as the calendar.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Months, specify how many months are displayed at once.You can select One Month View, Quarter View, Half-Year View, or Year View.
- Under Calendar Type, select the display mode.
- Classic: Each month is presented in typical calendar format.
- Week View: Months are ordered by weekdays from top to bottom.
- Under Week Begins on, set the first day of the week.
- Under Gray out Weekends, specify whether to use gray for the weekend days.
- Under Show Day Number, specify whether to show the day numbers in the calendar.
- Under Show Day Name, specify whether to show the day name abbreviations in the calendar.
- Under Months, specify how many months are displayed at once.
- Click Apply.