Creating a Funnel Chart Widget
For example, you can use funnel charts when you want to represent a greater number of items in the first stage versus a smaller number in the final stage. You can also use them to track sequential data that moves through stages or to reveal bottlenecks in a linear production process.
Each stage in the funnel chart corresponds to a percentage. The top, thickest stage is the largest and each subsequent stage is thinner than its predecessor. If you have a stage that appears thicker than the previous stage, there might be a problem in your process.
There are two ways to create a funnel chart:
- You can select a category along with a single value. The value is broken by the members of the category and each member appears as a separate section in the funnel chart.
- You can select multiple values. Each value appears as a separate section in the funnel chart.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Funnel Chart from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
The fields appear in the same top to bottom order in the funnel chart as they appear in the data panel. The value of the top stage is always 100% and the percentage value for each subsequent stage is derived from the top stage.
- If you have data fields that contain all the steps in the process, select a category along with a single value. Click , the Add button, in the Categories section and select the category field. Then, click , the Add button, in the Values section and select the value field.
- If you want to include individual values in the funnel chart, add multiple value fields. Click , the Add button, in the Values section and select the value fields that you want to include in the funnel chart. Each value field appears as a separate stage in the chart.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Funnel Size, select Wide, Regular, or Narrow.
- Under Funnel Type, select Regular or Pinched. The Pinched option displays the last stage as a rectangle.
- Under Funnel Direction, select Regular or Inverted. The Inverted option flips the funnel chart so the first stage is on the bottom and the last stage is on top.
- Under Legend, specify whether to show or hide the legend and set its position.
- Under Labels, specify the labels that you want to display in the funnel chart.These options are available:
- Categories: Displays the label for each stage.
- Percent: Displays the percentage represented by each stage. The first value in the funnel chart is considered 100%. Each subsequent value is represented as a percentage of the first value.
- Value: Displays the numerical value of each stage.
- Decimals: Displays the percentages with one decimal place when the Percent option is enabled.
- Click Apply.