Creating an Indicator Widget
The indicator widget provides various options for displaying one or two numeric values as a number, gauge, or ticker. You can also add a color-coded indicator icon that represents the value in the widget. For example, you can add a green up arrow or a red down arrow.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Indicator from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
For indicator widgets, you can also specify whether an icon appears in the widget and select the color of the icon. For example, you can add a red arrow pointing downwards for a negative value. For more information, see Setting Conditional Coloring.
- In the Value section, click , the Add button, and select the primary field.The name and value of the primary field are displayed as the main title and main value.
- In the Secondary section, click , the Add button, and select the secondary field.The name and value of the secondary field are displayed under the main field.
- For gauge indicators, set the minimum and maximum values that can be represented by
the gauge.You can enter a fixed numeric value or select a numeric field with a dynamic value in the data browser.
- In the Value section, click , the Add button, and select the primary field.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Indicator Type, select Numeric or Gauge.Note: If you reduce the height of an indicator widget, it automatically turns into a ticker widget. The appearance of the ticker widget depends on the type of the original indicator widget. Ticker widgets for numeric indicators differ from ticker widgets for gauge indicators.
- Configure the options available for the selected type of indicator.You can select a skin and specify the components that you want to include in the widget.
- Under Indicator Type, select Numeric or Gauge.
- Click Apply.