Creating a Pie Chart Widget
Pie charts are used to display proportional data and percentages.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Pie Chart from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the field that you want to display in the pie chart.You can add only one field.
Usually, the categories of a pie chart contain descriptive data.Note: By default, all slices that are smaller or equal to 3% are grouped into a slice called Others. You can hover over the Others slice to display its breakdown. You can also click the Others slice to display a second pie chart that shows the breakdown of all the slices included in the Others slice.
- In the Values section, click , the Add button, and select the field whose values determine the size of the pie slices.You can add only one field.
Usually, the values in a pie chart represent numeric data.Note: To set the order of the slices in the pie chart, hover over the field from the Values section, click , the Sort button, and select one of the available options. You can display the slices clockwise or counter clockwise based on category percentages or clockwise based on category name.
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the field that you want to display in the pie chart.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Pie Type, select Classic, Donut, or Ring.
- Under Legend, specify whether to show or hide the legend and set its position.
- Under Labels, specify the labels that you want to display in the pie chart.These options are available:
- Categories: Displays the label for each slice.
- Value: Displays the numerical value of each slice.
- Percent: Displays the percentage represented by each slice.
- Decimals: Displays the percentages with one decimal place when the Percent option is enabled.
- Under Show 'Others' Slice, specify whether to group smaller slices into the Others slice or to display them individually.If you enable Show 'Others' Slice, you can define what is included in the Others slice:
- Include all the slices with values less than the specified percentage. By default, the reference value is 3%.
- Show the specified number of slices in the pie chart and group the remaining smaller slices into the Others slice. By default, the number of slices is set to 7.
- Click Apply.