Creating a Pie Chart Widget
Pie charts are used to display proportional data and percentages.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Pie Chart from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the field that you want to display in the pie chart.You can add only one field.
Usually, the categories of a pie chart contain descriptive data.Note: All slices that are smaller or equal to 3% are grouped into a slice called Others. You can hover over the Others slice to display its breakdown. You can also click the Others slice to display a second pie chart that shows the breakdown of all the slices included in the Others slice.
- In the Values section, click , the Add button, and select the field whose values determine the size of the pie slices.You can add only one field.
Usually, the values in a pie chart represent numeric data.
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the field that you want to display in the pie chart.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Pie Type, select Classic, Donut, or Ring.
- Under Legend, specify whether to show or hide the legend and set its position.
- Under Labels, specify the labels that you want to display in the pie chart.
- Click Apply.