Creating a Sunburst Widget
The sunburst widget is similar to a pie chart but it is multi-dimensional. While a pie chart combines one descriptive field and one numeric value, the sunburst widget can display multiple rings, one for each field. Each ring in the sunburst chart shows a breakdown of its parent ring slice.
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Widget library panel, click , the Create new widget button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Sunburst from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
- In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the fields whose values are represented as slices in the ring.Usually, the categories of a sunburst widget contain descriptive data.
If you add multiple fields, each field is represented as a child ring with its values grouped based on the parent ring slice.
- In the Values section, click , the Add button, and select the field whose values determine the size of the ring slices.Usually, the values in a sunburst widget represent numeric data.
You can add only one field.
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the fields whose values are represented as slices in the ring.
- In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
- Under Center, specify the information that is displayed in the center of the widget when you hover
over a slice.These options are available:
- Value: Displays the actual numeric value associated with the slice.
- Contribution: Displays the contribution of the slice to the entire field as a percentage.
- Contribution to parent: Displays the contribution of the slice to its parent ring slice as a percentage.
- Under Tooltip, specify whether to show the actual value or the contribution of a slice when you hover over it.
- Under Legend, specify whether to show or hide the legend and set its position.
- Under Center, specify the information that is displayed in the center of the widget when you hover over a slice.
- Click Apply.