Creating a Treemap Widget
- Click , the Dashboards tab, and select a dashboard from the list.
In the Widget library
panel, click , the Create new widget
button, to create a widget and open it in the Widget Designer.
For more information, see Creating Widgets.
- In the Widget Designer, select Treemap from the list of widget types in the top-left corner.
In the data panel on the left, add data to the widget:
In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the fields whose values are represented as rectangles in the chart.
Usually, the categories in a treemap represent descriptive data.
You can add up to three fields so that a rectangle hierarchy is created.
To change the order of the categories, drag a category up or down in the Categories list.
In the Size section, click , the Add button, and select the field whose values determine the size of the rectangles.
Usually, this field contains numeric data.
You can add only one field.
In the Color section, click , the Add button, and select the field that determines the colors of the rectangles.
This field must be one of the fields selected in the Categories section. If you add a different field, it is added to the Categories section automatically.
The available coloring options depend on the type of the selected field:
- If you select a numeric value, each rectangle is colored according to its place in the range of field values. You can change the color settings in the color picker dialog box.
- If you select a descriptive field, all the rectangles that are members of the selected field have the same color. For example, if you select the field that is also used as the first category, the entire treemap is divided into groups of colors. If you select the field that is used as the second category, all the rectangles that have the same value also have the same color.
- In the Categories section, click , the Add button, and select the fields whose values are represented as rectangles in the chart.
In the Design tab on the right, customize the appearance of the widget:
Under Captions, select the field names that you want to display in the treemap.
The field names are always visible when you hover over a rectangle.
- Under Tooltip, specify whether to show the actual value or the contribution of a rectangle when you hover over it.
- Under Captions, select the field names that you want to display in the treemap.
- Click Apply.