Using the Origami Function
You can use the Origami function to apply cuts and folds to the layout sheet and simulate the finishing operations applied to the printed sheets. The application then generates automatically the correct sequence and orientation for the layout pages.
- On the Advanced Imposition screen, click , the Configuration button, and select Layout Editor.
- Create a layout.For more information, see Creating and Editing Layouts.
- Click , the Origami button.The Origami screen shows the layout sheet divided into sections. Each section represents a page. You can cut, fold, or move the sections to simulate the finishing operations applied to the printed sheets.
Each operation is recorded and displayed as a thumbnail in the left panel. You can return to a previous step in the procedure by clicking the corresponding thumbnail.
- If you want the layout pages to be numbered based on the coming-and-going type of
imposition, enable the Coming & Going option.In this type of imposition, the right-hand pages are in numerical sequence from the front of the book to the back. When the book is flipped over, the left-hand pages are in numerical sequence from the back of the book to the front.
- To cut the sheet:
- Click , the Cut button.
- Select the cut line.
- Hold the Shift or the Ctrl key and click.
- To fold the sheet:
- Click , the Fold button.
- Select a fold line and move the mouse cursor over the section that you want to fold.
- Complete the fold:
- To fold towards the back, hold the Shift key and click.
- To fold towards the front, hold the Ctrl key and click.
- To move sheet sections:
- Click , the Move button.
- Click a section and drag it over another section.
- To save your settings and return to the main Layout Editor screen, click OK.The page sequence and orientation are applied to the layout.