Configuring Serial Numbers for Barcodes
You can define up to 3 serial numbers and include them in sheet or page barcodes.
- Click Preferences in the bottom left corner of the Bar Code Settings screen.
- Configure the required settings for the serial numbers in the Serials dialog box:
- To activate the counter for the serial number, select the Use check box.If this option is not enabled, the counter is not activated even if the barcode contains the serial number field.
- In the Start with field, enter the starting value of the serial number.
- To increment the number with every use, select Increment by and enter a value.To decrement the number with every use, select Decrement by and enter a value.
- To reset the number after each use or after it reaches a specific value, select the
Reset to check box and enter the new starting value.If you want to reset the number after each use, select the When Printed check box. To reset the number after a specific value, select the After check box and enter the value that causes the reset.
- To see the current value of the counter, look at the information in the Current Value field.
- To activate the counter for the serial number, select the Use check box.
- Click OK.
Reference: For information on creating barcode profiles and adding serial numbers to barcodes, see Creating and Editing Barcode Profiles.