Object name restrictions
These restrictions apply to naming InfoPrint objects:
- You can specify object names up to 255 characters, except for the names of PSF physical printers, and email destinations, which you must limit to 64 characters or less.
- Characters allowed in object names include uppercase A through Z, lowercase a through
z, digits 0 through 9, and the special characters hyphen or dash, - , period, . ,
and underscore, _ .
- Do not start an object name with a hyphen.
- Do not start or end an object name with a period.
- Names for servers used with SAP systems should be restricted to nine characters.
- On Windows systems, object names must be unique and case-insensitive (
object nameis the same as