Understanding InfoPrint Manager for Windows features
This release of InfoPrint Manager for Windows includes these features that are unique to the Windows platform:
- The InfoPrint Manager Management Console interface for performing administrative tasks not supported by the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI. The InfoPrint Manager Management Console also features graphical administration of the Access Control List (ACL).
- Interaction between InfoPrint Manager and the Windows print spool to expand InfoPrint capabilities
- Distributed Print Facility (DPF) for host printing
- Support for the Internet Print Protocol (IPP) to allow InfoPrint Manager to access a printer using a Uniform Resource Indicator (URI) string
- The Windows gateway printer to allow job submission to InfoPrint Manager without using an InfoPrint Manager client. (The destinations appear as shared printers on the Windows network.)
- Customization of MVS Download without programming