For logical destinations
The only way to change a notification profile for a logical destination is to use the pdset command. The procedures below provide examples of some common modifications you might want to make. You can use these procedures to change the notification profiles for other InfoPrint objects as well, but you might find it easier to use the properties notebooks in the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI.
This procedure describes how to modify notification profiles by:
- Adding or modifying events or users in a notification profile
- Removing users from a notification profile
- Changing the delivery method
If you need to change other parts of a notification profile, see the InfoPrint Manager: Reference for information on the pdset command and the notification-profile attribute.
- If you specify both of the values and both match the values in an existing entry, the modification replaces that entry.
- If you only specify one of the values, InfoPrint Manager fills in the other value with the default values. Then, it checks to see if any of the existing entries match that combination. If they match, InfoPrint Manager replaces that entry. If they do not match, InfoPrint Manager creates a new entry.
- If you specify both values but only one matches, InfoPrint Manager creates a new entry.
- If you specify both values and neither one matches, InfoPrint Manager creates a new entry.
When you delete a notification profile entry, the delivery method and delivery address in your command must match those in an existing entry exactly.